Project Manager/Project Coordinator - Location: Toronto/Hybrid
This position is suitable for applicants with initial experience as well as for experienced applicants. This position will work closely with the Senior Development Manager and the Managing Director to support the company’s growth. An individual that can support the Senior Development Manager with the following tasks:
Role & Responsibilities
- Support the development of project budgets and project plans.
- Support Drafting and Filing of project permits to relevant government agencies.
- Coordination and management of project documents, proposals, contracts and agreements.
- Identify investment opportunities in key markets both in Canada and US for new project developments or acquisitions.
- Co-develop the Origination and Project Development strategy and business plan withthe team to secure renewable energy sales to achieve reconcept`s overall goals.
- Develop excel based Financial Models to ensure economic feasiblilty of renewable projects. Support local team in the execution of the origination strategy and business plan for securing renewable energy projects.
- Review and evaluate requests for bids (RFPs/RFIs) within the region and work with the team to respond with proposals, pricing, term sheets, issues lists, redlined definitive documents, etc sufficient to engage the end user and start the negotiation process.
- Support the negotiations and closing definitive documents with off -takers, including PPAs, virtual PPAs, storage contracts and other agreements.
- Research and Support of Negotiations with Landowners to secure land for Renewable Energy projects
- Along with the Canadian Development Team, develop and maintain relationships with business leaders and utility executives among reconcept`s identified key stakeholders.
- Provide market intelligence feedback to reconcept’s Development team.
- Support Strategic Development
- Initiatives to inform reconcept’s development and acquisition strategy.
- Work cooperatively with other groups within the business, both in Canada and Germany as necessary.
- Build, develop, and grow business relationships in the Renewable Energy Industry.
- Liaise with the development and operations teams to ensure successful interfaces between the development, construction, and operations phases.
- Define project scopes, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and key stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: What we expect of you
- Undergraduate degree in either finance, engineering or environmental sciences and regional planning
- Minimum Requirements: First years of experience in related project development is preferred
- Knowledge of effective record keeping and document management.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products especially Excel
- Basic knowledge in landscape planning and nature conservation (planning instruments, methods of landscape analysis and assessment)
- Ability to travel occasionally (up to 2-3 times a month).
- Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience working on construction projects preferably with budgets of at least $20million Demonstrated project management capabilities (budgeting, scheduling, reporting, etc).
- PMP or other project management credentials considered an asset.
- The opportunity to actively shape the energy transition in an established, owner-managed company
- Varied and challenging field of activity
- Flat hierarchies, casual dress
- Flexible schedule, work from home
- Promotion of professional development
- Workplace in the heart of Toronto
- Permanent employment contract
- Attractive remuneration
We look forward to receiving your application documents by e-mail only, including your salary expectations and the earliest possible start date:
Assistant to the Management
Renewable energies are one of your passions?
You always have your goal in mind and set the right priorities along the way? Are you a reliable and systematic approach? Are you a committed and flexible team player with initiative?
Then you have the best skills to get started in our team.